Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wayne, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an extremely motivated, organized individual in the capacity of a Planning Analyst to be responsible for planning production, plant shipments, supply/demand, and streamlining communication across all supply chain functions. This role requires critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making in regard to plant capacity/constraints, operations and logistics, and customer fulfillment. The Materials Planner will work closely with multiple business functions including logistics, sales, customer service, FP&A, and procurement.
- Strategic Thinking, Functional Expertise, Effective Communications, Organizational Skills, Proficient System user, Analytical Skills, Business Partner, Business & Financial Acumen Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between manufacturing plants, customer service, and internal sales.
- Taking all factors into consideration, develop a shipping plan each week for the plants to produce and execute against. Communicate the plan to all parties affected.
- Work closely with plants to understand capacity by location, line and production variations in developing weekly and monthly supply/demand plans.
- Analyze customer upside requests within lead time and communicate supply availability to maximize sales potential.
- Create supply plans for Raw Materials, WIP, and Finished Goods based on weekly allocations and monthly S&OP volumes to fulfill customer contracted volumes and strategic opportunities.
- Logistics planning for each plant when managing inbound/outbound railcars, truck shipments, and terminal shipments
- Work closely with terminal analysts, logistics, customer service, and sales to trouble shoot any plant or supply concerns for fulfilling demand
- Clearly communicate item flow on allocated product and work with sales team to determine customer allocations. Minimize incremental costs to expedite product to meet customer requirements.
- Incorporates situation analysis, problem diagnosis, and operations analysis to support business decision making. Troubleshoot issues with production and shipping as they arise.
- 1-3 years' experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain.
- Knowledge in purchasing and inventory control system.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results; able to monitor activities, analyze data, identify problems and develops solutions.