Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Texas City, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Contract (6 months)
Texas City, TX
· The successful candidate will ensure employees are scheduled for work and compensated accurately and timely based on Company pay practices and procedures, legal requirements, and the union contracts.
· The successful candidate will be responsible for the time entry/front-end payroll processing and daily shift scheduling for hourly unionized refinery employees. Initially, the role will focus on assisting with the timekeeping process.
- Generate and maintain schedules in Work Loud for hourly employees by coordinating with supervision
- Coordinate and maintain hourly vacation schedules per established policy and contract guidelines
- Update and maintain employee information in SAP such as shift changes
- Enter hourly employees' exception time in CATS (SAP timekeeping system), ensuring appropriate supporting documentation
- Approve hourly attendance and absences in CATS, utilizing the schedule and gate logs for verification
- Run and analyze reports to proactively identify and correct timekeeping issues
- Assist supervisors and employees in problem solving time keeping issues
- Answer questions regarding payroll, paychecks or time reporting for employees.
- Produce periodic reports for absenteeism, overtime, etc.
- Track hourly employee progressions and notify HR Administrative Assistants when employees are due for progression.
- Ensure payroll practices are in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company procedures. Participate in internal and SOX audits; address any findings.
- Prepare user training materials and documentation. Train hourly employees and/or supervisors on how to use WorkLoud and CATS.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with other departments and employees
- Complete special projects and other administrative related work as assigned by supervisor
The requirements for this position are listed below:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and SAP
· Ability to prioritize work, work under pressure, and comply with strict deadlines with minimal supervision is critical. A high degree of accuracy and urgency is imperative
· Ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with other departments and employees
· Bachelor Degree in Business related major or 5 years payroll experience strongly preferred.
· Five years of relevant experience in a manpower scheduling role is preferred
· Experience working with administration of complex pay rules governed by labor contracts is desirable
Who are we?
Competentia is a leading specialty provider of Project Management, Engineering and Supervisory Personnel to the Oil & Gas industry globally. The company's head office is in Norway, supporting key operational offices in Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Trinidad, UK and USA.
With senior business management coming direct from the energy sector, the company's ethos is to provide the highest level of service to candidates and customers alike.
Following key successes in Europe and Australasia, the company has initiated an ambitious expansion strategy, targeting the Americas, Middle East & Africa, with particular focus on the subsurface, drilling & completions sector and the expanding LNG market.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.