Other Skills: as400, ACCOUNT RECONCILIATIONS, SOX, GENERAL LEDGER
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Midland, TX
Duration: 3 Months
· Typically requires two + years of accounting experience within a publicly held company or a large privately held organization
· Prefer oil & gas experience
·Expert Excel skills highly preferred
· Knowledge of oil and gas accounting procedures is a plus
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· AS 400 experience highly preferred.
· ACCOUNT RECONCILIATIONS
· SARBANES-OXLEY (SOX)
· GENERAL LEDGER
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the day to day maintenance of revenue related accounts and recording revenues for company operated completions in Texas.
· This includes establishing internal controls and procedures for all of the Company's routine, non-routine, and estimation data processes affecting they general ledger.
· Assists in the day to day maintenance of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers with greater emphasis on areas with higher levels of complexity and overall accounting risk.
· Perform account reconciliations and analyses to support the accuracy of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
· Conduct more complex month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries related to areas of higher accounting risk.
· Prepares reports or extracts from the general ledger and/or sub-ledger used to support the close process Maintains evidence of controls performed in assists in the SOX testing process.
· Assists in the external and internal audit process by preparing schedules and analyses in more complex areas while addressing questions that arise during company audits.
· Mentors and provides consultation to less experienced members of the Accounting Department.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related degree
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry